In 1897 women were first admitted to study at the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Vienna. This was followed in 1900 by the Faculty of Medicine, 1919 the Faculty of Law, 1928 the Protestant theological Faculty and finally 1945 the Catholic theological Faculty. The first doctorate of a woman at the university in 1897 was that of the physician Gabriele Possanner von Ehrenthal, who had previously studied and graduated at the University of Zurich. After a letter to Emperor Franz Joseph in 1895, the Ministry of the Interior allowed her to nostrify her Swiss doctoral degree and thus to practice as a doctor.
Zuletzt aktualisiert am 11/10/17